Sunday, August 14, 2016

Buffalo Pedal Tours

Buffalo Pedal Tours
347 Ellicott Street 
Buffalo, New York 14203
716-984-3834
www.buffalopedaltours.com



Buffalo Pedal Tours started in the fall of 2014 by Ken Szal and is a unique way to travel around Buffalo. It gives one the opportunity to explore the rich history, architecture, and even go on a pub crawl around Canalside and Downtown! The pedal tour offers tours of up to 15 passengers on its fleet of 4 bikes. They may not be accessible for all, depending on ailments (and in my case, assistance from family). For me, they were very accommodating and willing to help me go on the tour. Taking into account the personal assistance (both within the company and within my group) and the customer service offered by the owner and driver, Buffalo Pedal Tours earns a 5 Wheelz Rating. 


The bicycle tours are wheelchair friendly; to a degree, depending on the size of the chair. Luckily, for me, the party I was with was able to lift me onto the bike. The bike had a back seat that fits a few people that do not need to pedal and that was where I fit! My wheelchair is light weight and small enough that I was able to fit it in the middle console; between the peddlers on both sides (roughly 32 inches wide). Our tour started at Big Ditch Brewing Company and continued to The Lodge, Pearl Street Brewing Company, and Pan American Grille. All of the places we went to were wheelchair accessible.